The Kaleme website reports that opposition leaders MirHosein Mousavi and Zahra Rahnavard, who have been under house arrest since February 2011, cast their votes today in a portable ballot box that was sent to their street. It is not yet clear if Mehdi Karroubi, the other opposition leader under house arrest, also got to cast his vote.
Meanwhile, Mashreq News, a media outlet linked to the Revolutionary Guards, reported in the afternoon that Mousavi and Rahnavard had refused to vote, despite being given the chance. The news, however, was immediately denied by their daughter.
Mehdi Karroubi’s son, on the other hand, reported that as late as 9 PM, his father had not yet been offered the opportunity to cast his vote.
Kaleme reports that Mousavi and Rahnavard had called on the Ministry of the Interior earlier in the week to provide them with the opportunity to vote.
Mousavi and Rahnavard’s daughters had also announced that despite the “pressures and defects present in the elections process”, they would vote on Friday February 26, adding that their parents told them as well that they would vote in the elections.
The Guardian Council disqualified most of the reformist candidates for the parliamentary and Assembly of Experts elections, but the reformists have said that they will participate in the elections and will promote candidates who are closest to their moderate policies.