Iran’s Foreign Minister announced that future talks between Iran and the G5+1 will be held in Istanbul.
IRNA reports that Ali Akbar Salehi said in a news conference on Sunday that both sides have agreed the nuclear talks can continue in Istanbul.
The U.S., Britain, France, China and Russia together with Germany comprise the G5+1.
Last week, Saeed Jalili, Iran’s top nuclear negotiator, sent a letter to Catherine Ashton, the EU foreign policy chief, announcing Iran’s readiness to resume nuclear talks.
Later, Ashton and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton expressed optimism about the letter and hope that the talks will continue in a “constructive vein.”
Ali Akbar Salehi went on to add that Iran is inclined to hold the talks as soon as possible, adding that: “We are after a mechanism to move past the impasse over the nuclear issue and into a win-win situation.”
He said Iran is willing to work toward an acceptable way out of the current situation in order to reach that goal.