Radio Zamaneh
  • Home
  • Advertise
  • About Zamaneh Media
    • Sponsors
    • Donate
    • Vacancies
    • Contact us
    • Legal
    • Republishing Guidelines
    • Zamaneh Media Code of Conduct
    • PSEAH Guidelines
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Advertise
  • About Zamaneh Media
    • Sponsors
    • Donate
    • Vacancies
    • Contact us
    • Legal
    • Republishing Guidelines
    • Zamaneh Media Code of Conduct
    • PSEAH Guidelines
No Result
View All Result
Radio Zamaneh
No Result
View All Result

IRGC says pursuit of PJAK forces continues

by Zamaneh Media
July 19, 2011
in Latest Articles
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0
IRGC says pursuit of PJAK forces continues

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has announced that the pursuit and punishment of the Kurdish militant group PJAK is still ongoing in the northwestern border region of Iran and Iraq.

Mohammad Pakpour, the head of the IRGC ground forces, told Mehr News Agency that dozens of PJAK forces have been killed in the Sardasht border region.

Shirzad Kamangar, a PJAK spokesman, told AFP on Sunday that the group has suffered a number of casualties.

Later, the Islamic Republic News Agency cited “an informed source” in Sardasht to report that PJAK’s regional headquarters has been destroyed, and five PJAK members and one Revolutionary Guards member were killed in the operation.

Kamangar denied that PJAK’s base had been taken over by the IRGC forces.

The IRGC commander insisted, however, that its forces had “decisively” confronted PJAK and, destroying their base and killing dozens of their members.

Aladdein Boroujerdi, who heads Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, told Fars News Agency: “One of the duties of the IRGC, especially in the Western regions, in view of the crimes committed by Pejak organization with the support of the Untied States, is to confront this terrorist group.”

In the past three weeks, the border regions of Iran and Kurdistan have been subjected to artillery attack by Islamic Republic forces.

Massoud Barezani, the head of Iraq’s Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), has condemned Iran’s artillery attacks and warned that they may create tensions between the two governments.

Iranian authorities claim the KRG has given PJAK a 300-acre region without Baghdad`s approval.

General Jabbar Yavar, a spokesman for KRG security forces, told Radio Zamaneh that those allegations are baseless.

On Wednesday, the KRG is sending a panel to the border region in order to prepare a report on the IRGC attacks to the KRG Parliament.

Related Posts

Living in Debt: “There Is Nothing Good Left to Tell”
Latest Articles

Living in Debt: “There Is Nothing Good Left to Tell”

August 13, 2026
When Water Becomes a Weapon of War
Environment

When Water Becomes a Weapon of War

August 6, 2026
Why War Is Easier to Sustain Than Peace
Latest Articles

Why War Is Easier to Sustain Than Peace

August 6, 2026
Mojtaba Khamenei’s First Leadership Test: Revenge or Negotiation?
Latest Articles

Mojtaba Khamenei’s First Leadership Test: Revenge or Negotiation?

July 22, 2026
The Strait of Hormuz and the Struggle to Rule Post-Khamenei Iran
Latest Articles

The Strait of Hormuz and the Struggle to Rule Post-Khamenei Iran

July 16, 2026
A Sexual Harassment Case at the University of Kurdistan: Collective Awareness as a Legacy of the Jina Uprising
Latest Articles

A Sexual Harassment Case at the University of Kurdistan: Collective Awareness as a Legacy of the Jina Uprising

July 16, 2026
Radio Zamaneh

© 2026 Zamaneh Media

More information

  • Sponsors
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Other ways to give
  • Legal

Follow Us

When The Internet Goes Dark, We Go On Air... Donate in:
USD EUR / All Currencies

When The Internet Goes Dark, We Go On Air...Donate in:
USD EUR / All
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Advertise
  • About Zamaneh Media
    • Sponsors
    • Donate
    • Vacancies
    • Contact us
    • Legal
    • Republishing Guidelines
    • Zamaneh Media Code of Conduct
    • PSEAH Guidelines

© 2026 Zamaneh Media