An Iranian website linked to the Islamic Republic News Agency reported today, Monday, that three of Sattar Beheshti’s interrogators have been arrested in connection with the probe into the prisoner’s death while in custody.
“Following the firm orders from the head of the judiciary for a speedy probe into the case of Sattar Beheshti’s death, three of the officials in charge of the prisoner’s interrogation have been arrested and handed over to the armed forces court,” the report indicates.
Yesterday, the judiciary finally announced that it is looking into the death of Sattar Beheshti, the 35-year-old blogger who died days after he was arrested on October 30.
The Report in Iran Website gives no further details, but in an interview with the Asr-e Iran website, the head of the Tehran Police force announced that the cyber police had been in charge of Beheshti’s arrest.
Hossein Sajedinia said that the blogger was arrested on the charge of committing cyber crimes.
Beheshti reportedly wrote a letter describing details of his torture, and his fellow inmates in section 350 of Evin Prison, who saw him two days after he was arrested, have written another letter confirming that they saw signs of torture all over his body.
Today, the head of Parliament’s National Security Commission, which has struck a committee to look into the death of Beheshti, said preliminary information about the case indicates there was no sign of torture on the dead prisoner’s body.