An employee of Mahshahr Arvand Petrochemical died on Friday August 28 as a result of inhaling poisonous gas emissions.
IRNA reports that a spokesman for Arvand Petrochemical said Reza Yeganeh, a member of their staff, died from inhalation of the chemicals and another employee, Ali Rajabafard, is being treated for poisoning.
The company reports that their experts are investigating the incident to establish the source of the emissions.
The plant in Mahshar covers 108 hectares of land, with units of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) chloralkali (CA) Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) and vinyl chloride monomer (VCM).
The company was launched in 2010 as one of the top PVC production plants in the Middle East.